D3000 18-55mm Lens Problem

stopcaldecott

Hello, I'm new to Nikon cameras and I've recently been given a used/not-in-top-condition D3000 by a relative and I'm getting used to it. However I've found that in my photos there's been this recurring spot/mark/I don't know what to call it at the bottom left corner, I don't know what it is or what the problem is!!! It definitely isn't dirt or anything on the surface because I've cleaned it countless times and it won't go away. Help or input is much appreciated, thank you!

25831i1.jpg

6xvtky.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

mikew_RIP

Hello and welcome,do you mean you have cleaned the lens if so you may have something on the sensor,i cant view your pictures from the link and seeing them would be better.

mike

mikew_RIP

If its only the lens you have cleaned you need to look inside the camera,dont know your camera but there may be a sensor cleaning setting in the menu that keeps the mirror up,if there is take the lens off select sensor cleaning and fire the shutter, have a look inside,dont stick any thing in there or blow it just check if there is anything visible and report back.

mike

Just-Clayton

looks like a piece of fuzz got on your sensor or it's sticking up in the way of the sensor on the felt area. I had a hair that got annoying for a while till I found it. Remember also if the object is on the bottom of the picture the object will be on the top edge of the sensor. Look for anything hanging down.

stopcaldecott

It indeed was a huge strand of something on the sensor. I (with much luck) managed to get it out unprofessionally and riskily. At least my photos won't be affected as much until I send it for cleaning! Thank you everyone!