Taking the Plunge

Browncoat

I've been considering starting my own business for some time now. I told myself awhile back that I wouldn't jump into anything unless people started approaching me for work, instead of the other way around. That transition is starting to happen.

Today I made it official and registered the dot com. There's no site yet, but hopefully effective January 1, 2011...I will be DBA Shutterbug Imagery. Now comes the fun part of getting an LLC set up and all that fun jazz. Here's a preliminary logo for your viewing pleasure:

logo2.png

Any tips from those of you "in the biz" would be welcomed!

Ruidoso Bill

Anthony, Good for you! Glad you decided to go ahead with it. I'm old school but if you do what you like, do it well and are always honest and fair you'll do great.

I've done 3 LLC's, piece of cake. I used my lawayer for first one, second two just did myself with an online package.

ohkphoto

Snow White
I told myself awhile back that I wouldn't jump into anything unless people started approaching me for work, instead of the other way around. That transition is starting to happen.

I am not surprised. From what you've posted here, your work is excellent, and you come across very meticulous and task-oriented as well as creative.

You may want to check out Professional Photographers of America --they have some excellent business information even if you don't join.

I love your logo!

Congratulations on taking the plunge and best of luck. . . we're all behind you!

Best Regards