Going from D3000 to a D3200

SierraGulf1

Hi Guys

Im having problems moving from my 3000 to my 3200. To put it simply the same shots i would take and get perfect on my 3000 seem to be blurry on my 3200.

Im using the 18 - 55 kit lens and i must admit a lot of the time i shoot in auto (no flash) most of the time i nail the shots but with my 3200 i cant seem to get it.

Has any one else noticed this? and/or had a similar experience?

Worried that im doing something wrong/not as good as i thought i was.

Many Thanks

Adam

It would probably help if you would upload a picture so we could see the problem. Be sure to resize the shot at no more than 1000px on the long size so that the EXIF data will show.

Dave_W

The Dude
That may be the bulk of your problems. With the additional resolution, any bad habits such as camera shake or over zealous shutter release pressing will be magnified in your images. Higher resolution is a two edged sword and requires photographers to readdress their photographic skills to match the higher quality of their camera. This was a huge problem when the D7000 came out and people who were used to shooting 6 mp images just fine had a tough time adjusting to the then "whopping" 16 mp's. The proof was shown clearly when these "fuzzy" photos were downsampled to the same level as the owners previous camera and they suddenly looked great.

Try testing yourself. Put the camera on a sturdy tripod or sit it on a desk or something solid and then set the exposure delay as large as you can and take a couple shots making sure the subject is in focus. Then repeat this exercise hand holding the camera w/o the exposure delay and see if there is a noticeable difference.

Mfrankfort

If your using fast shutter speeds... correct me if I'm wrong guys, but around 1/500.. make sure that VR is off, as it can actually cause some blur. A picture would help too.

pedroj

What is the AF set at...AF-A..AF-S..AF-C...If you set it AT AF-C if you or the subject move it will refocus...

Another thing, have a look at your technique...

Also iv done a quick search on the forum, How do i add a photo into a post just so i can do it properly. Thanks

​Adam

Guidelines to adding a photo to your post.

1. Resize photo to 1000px on the long side.
2. Resolution set to 72px

These guidelines will be good for viewing on a computer but will not be good for printing. This will help safeguard your copyright.