images are faulty

melevo

Afternoon everyone, can anyone please help, I have a problem and I don't know if its the camera or memory card.
This seems to be a random fault and happens at any time and its now starting to worry me.
this is the problem.... faulty.jpg

RockyNH_RIP

Hello, I had something similar happen when I had HIGH megabyte Picture size... normally my 5100 had zero issues and I did some high ISO tests and the picture size increased by about 3 to 4 megabytes... Depending on the software viewed in, I would get similar weird results.

What software are you using??? How many megabytes are the files? I downloaded into Windows Photo Gallery and it happened... when viewed in Lightroom they were fine so obviously that software could not handle the larger file size??

Just throwing a dart... a place to start...

Pat in NH

melevo

I use lightroom, cs5 and windows picture viewer.
I can see the fault in my camera lcd, I am using jpeg fine atm, I could try raw and see if the same happens?

nickt

Just throwing a dart... a place to start...

Pat in NH

Good dart.

Also do they view ok in the camera? If so, then it probably is your software. If they view badly in camera, then maybe bad card or in need of re-format. Hopefully not a camera problem.

melevo

yeah I actually took cards back to shop because I thought they where duff. but same concern, the cards are sandisc 8gb ultra

simonhodge

Funny, i had something similar to this for the first time ever today. Only a problem on the camera. It then turned the camera off and then on again and the problem had gone.