Arca type QR system

John!

I would like to replace the quick release system on my Giottos ball head with an Arca type clamp system.
What would you recommend?
Anything in particular to avoid?

Joseph Bautsch

Arca-Swiss ball heads are not cheap. The least expensive one runs around $388. You may want to look at buying just the clamping plate to replace the one on your Giottos. It runs around $75. You are also pretty much limited to the Arca-Swiss attachments and devices and they are expensive as well. However if you have the $$$ then go for it. It's great equipment, very well made, sturdy, and will give you good service for many years.

John!

You got that right, Arca-Swiss isn't cheap, I would hardly call it affordable. But I see other brands that have copied their ideas. I am happy with the Giottos ball head, I would just like to replace the QR clamp. I'm wondering what others are using, and if there are certain brands to avoid. Sometimes what appears to be a great deal turns out to be complete waste of money. All kinds of stuff online, but it's sometimes difficult to determine the quality of something if you cant hold it in your hands.