Nikon 58mm 1.2 listed in Craigslist

gqtuazon

Gear Head
I know where to get one that is priced less than $2,600. in Tokyo. Used lens of course but I really don't have a use for this specialty lens.

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
I bought a 55 1.2 AIS a few years ago for around 300.00 $. It's not the famous Nokton, but close enough for my needs. Here are a few pics done with it when I first got it:

J Denis.jpg

MCC_4299.jpg

Mustang1.jpg

PBlais JD.jpg

SamSpade1941

Considering the 58 Noct Nikkor was designed for a very specific purpose I could hardly justify the price. I had the 55 f/1.2 non ai lens for years and it was a good lens on my F2. I will say this though you certainly have snob appeal if you own one. There was a gent I worked with a few years ago who bought a used camera and lens at the local thrift store and the lens attached to the FM body was a Noct. He paid $95 I almost had a stroke. He did not even know what he had till I told him and even then I offered him 5 times what he paid , he wisely chose to decline. I do not know if he ever sold it or kept it.

STM

The 58mm f/1.2 NOCT is a terrific lens, but it is certainly not worth the money it commands nowadays.

STM

Keep in mind this is M42 (screw) mount. You would need an adapter to even be able to mount it on the camera. And since the diaphragm is actuated by a little pin, usually at the 6 o'clock position, you will not have automatic diaphragm operation either. It will be a stop down use lens entirely. It was designed to fit on an old Leica rangerfinder camera.