Point and shoot

Lscha

Can someone please help? My daughter wants a new point and shoot. I haven't had one in a long time and don't know what is new. She will use it mostly for family shots (camping, 2 kids under 5 yrs and scenery) Could you suggest a good one or point me in the direction to see relevant reviews? Budget is about $300 to $400. Thanks.

Fred Kingston

Laura... I'm with John on the Panasonic/Leica LX... I have the LX-5 and it's controls are almost exactly the same as Nikon's... so any learning skills are easily transferable...

Another option is a Nikon D200... Excellent clean one's with low shutter actuations and no lens are in the $300 range... They're NOT exactly a point&shoot, stick it in your shirt pocket type camera... but by setting everything to auto-modes... they certainly make it very easy to great photos... and if your daughter really likes it, it's a great camera to expand from, and or upgrade from... and the D200 will always be a great backup camera...

RockyNH_RIP

Can someone please help? My daughter wants a new point and shoot. I haven't had one in a long time and don't know what is new. She will use it mostly for family shots (camping, 2 kids under 5 yrs and scenery) Could you suggest a good one or point me in the direction to see relevant reviews? Budget is about $300 to $400. Thanks.

Laura, what has she been using... I have had excellent luck with Canon for P&S and with the Panasonic! (If I was buying for me now, I likely would try a nikon but maybe not)

Pat in NH

John P

Check out Panasonics ZS line. I have a ZS6 and it is definitely point and shoot. But also has PAS modes. And also can be shot in manual mode.

My wife has the L120 Nikon and loves it. it has the super zoom. I think there is an updated model of it out now. Look on my Facebook page and my wife's shots from yesterday are on there.