New to Nikons

AfterImage

Goodafternoon all!
Just picked up my first Nikon on Sunday (D7000) and found you folks while looking for advice and information. I've been behind the lens plenty; starting back with a 35mm Minolta in college (Clinton was still President back in those days :rolleyes:) and just coming off an Olympus DSLR. Looking forward to chatting with you and asking tons of questions.

AfterImage

Thanks guys! It's funny; just a few weeks ago I had no idea I'd end up here. I was looking for a new camera and patiently reviewing all the news and rumors for this year's new releases. It was a toss up between the Oly E-5, the Canon 60D and the Nikon D7000. The Oly E-5 didn't wow me enough to stay with the Olympus line so I started looking at the 60D... really wasn't overly impressed there either but at least I would be buying into the Canon line. Then the D7000 was announce and my mind was instantly made up. I haven't had much time to play with it since Sunday but I'm frankly amazed at just how good this camera is.

Ruidoso Bill

Hello ther "AfterImage" and welcome to Nikonites, glad you found us and I hope you enjoy the site. There is always something going on here so jump in and enjoy.