Notre Dame

N_Addy

Notre Dame cathedral celebrates its 850th anniversary this year. It took 200 years to build. What an incredible edifice.

All images shot with a P7700 compact.

DSCN0544-X2.jpg

DSCN0500b-X2.jpg

DSCN0504b-X2.jpg

DSCN0497-X2.jpg

DSCN0498-X2.jpg

DSCN0499-X2.jpg

DSCN0596-X2.jpg

DSCN0553-X2.jpg

Last edited:

Moab Man

It was outside of Notre Dame that I learned my mother had been lying to me for eighteen years. She would make us kids these "little pancakes" for breakfast every now and then. In front of Notre Dame was a vendor selling crepes​. CREPES?! No those are little pancakes, my mother told me so. Well guess what, she lied! As soon as I got home I gave it to her good for perpetuating a lie across two continents and for eighteen years. She then had the nerve to tell me, "well that's what your grandma always called them when I was growing up." I responded with, "sure mom, blame an old lady that's passed. Have you no scruples?"

​So there you have it, my mothers tale of deceit and how Notre Dame exposed my mothers horrible little lie. However, I did enjoy your pictures.

Last edited:

WhiteLight

Awesome shots.. am quite apprehensive to shoot architecture of this level as i may not do justice...
You've done very well...
Wonder how many secrets are hidden in plain sight in these ancient monuments

BackdoorArts

What the hell do you think crepes are?! Little pancakes!! My grandmother made blintzes. Same thing. LOL

Lovely photos. Would love to see a little vertical perspective correction on the first photo (I've started learning to add crop room for that when shooting tall), but otherwise wonderful.