Sent d800 away

Scott Murray

Well I have sent my beloved D800 away so that it can be assessed and a quote given. My insurance company is going to cover the costs for repair or replacement.

sent from my Sony Xperia Z

RockyNH_RIP

Well I have sent my beloved D800 away so that it can be assessed and a quote given. My insurance company is going to cover the costs for repair or replacement.

At least it is covered... still, hope you have it back soon!

Pat in NH

BackdoorArts

What Pat said. Either way you're good, and if they have to replace it your warranty period starts fresh. No bad news there - other than the lost days shooting in Africa.

gqtuazon

Gear Head
I hope your camera will be replaced or repair soon.

What would be some of the lessons learned from your trip? What would you do differently next time in order to protect your equipment? I think if you would have placed your equipment in a pelican case, your equipment would have been safe from the flood. Although the insurance was necessary, the waterproof case would have prevented any potential damages IMO.

Scott Murray

I hope your camera will be replaced or repair soon.

What would be some of the lessons learned from your trip? What would you do differently next time in order to protect your equipment? I think if you would have placed your equipment in a pelican case, your equipment would have been safe from the flood. Although the insurance was necessary, the waterproof case would have prevented any potential damages IMO.

I had a water proof bag with me the issue is that of the night of the incident I was out taking Storm photos. The truck that my bag is stored in was locked at 10 pm and due to this I had to take the camera into my tent. At this time there was only a little bit of water in the tent so I placed my camera on my clothes bag which was high enough. But during the night it must have fell off with either me bumping. If I am camping in Australia I have control of vehicles and tents So here it's not an issue but I guess in Africa you have to go with the blows. I guess I could have locked my camera up and not used it that evening. Or I could have placed the camera bag in the tent and risk it all being stolen.