Finally a clear night... Star Trail!

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Also, did you paint the rocks or is that from other lighting?
If I remember correctly for having been there last september, there are a few cottages and a restaurant in the bay. There might have been a few street lamps down there. The rock is called Azure Window and is quite impressive.Here is a daylight shot of the Window:
azure_window_malta.jpg

Last edited:

Samsonite

Morning All, Yep Marcel, it is the Azure window, the images were stacked using a simple stacking program not photoshop. the final image hasnt even been editted, as Im not at home, and im just using my girlfriends laptop. The light in the foreground is due to 3 cars and a bus passing close by whilst shooting, at first I thought 'Oh great', theyve messed up my star trail, but once I saw the actual image, I realised the light in the foreground seemed to add to the picture nicely. I couldnt shoot this for any longer because the moon started rising and the stars began to get less clear....

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Morning All, Yep Marcel, it is the Azure window, the images were stacked using a simple stacking program not photoshop. the final image hasnt even been editted, as Im not at home, and im just using my girlfriends laptop. The light in the foreground is due to 3 cars and a bus passing close by whilst shooting, at first I thought 'Oh great', theyve messed up my star trail, but once I saw the actual image, I realised the light in the foreground seemed to add to the picture nicely. I couldnt shoot this for any longer because the moon started rising and the stars began to get less clear....

Well you did get a great shot in my opinion, so I'm sure you might be able to improve it maybe a little more when you get home on your computer and play with the original file. Great shot!