new owner D7000

dutchie

:DWell after a horrible incident with my D5000 I have upgraded to the D7000 with the 18-200 VRII lens.
I have had it for about 2 weeks.....Lovin it so far.
Also picked up a 50mm 2.8 AF
and an AF 55mm 2.8 Micro is on the way.
Wish me luck
:very_drunk:

riverside

:DWell after a horrible incident with my D5000 I have upgraded to the D7000 with the 18-200 VRII lens.
I have had it for about 2 weeks.....Lovin it so far.
Also picked up a 50mm 2.8 AF
and an AF 55mm 2.8 Micro is on the way.
Wish me luck
:very_drunk:

Enjoy!

Take a look at the 35mm 1.8g.

kirbfucius

By "on the way" for the 55mm, do you mean you've already ordered it? If not, you may want to consider a little longer if you're chasing critters that move.

I am ready to make the jump. I have the money. I am just arguing with myself back and forth if I should do it. I know I want to but do I need to.

I am ready to make the jump. I have the money. I am just arguing with myself back and forth if I should do it. I know I want to but do I need to.

Of course you don't need to BUT:
1. Will your family starve or have to sleep in the car if you buy it?
2. If you die are you planing to carry your money with you?
3. Will you enjoy the camera and by your enjoyment will you be a better person to your family and friends?

I am betting on #3. As I have gotten older I realize that being able to enjoy what I do is important not only to me but to the people around me. I am also very lucky in that I wife understands that too.

Thanks for the support guys. Yeah I am leaning toward number 3, of course. As far as my wife is concerned...didn't some wise man somewhere say it is easier to ask forgiveness than permission? Probably just before he got clobbered over the head with a rolling pin.
Any way I will probably be getting it with a 18-105 kit. Covers more than I need right now for both cameras.

RockyNH_RIP

Thanks for the support guys. Yeah I am leaning toward number 3, of course. As far as my wife is concerned...didn't some wise man somewhere say it is easier to ask forgiveness than permission? Probably just before he got clobbered over the head with a rolling pin.
Any way I will probably be getting it with a 18-105 kit. Covers more than I need right now for both cameras.

I wont confuse you more with my thought process!! :) Just suffice to say you will surely enjoy it ...

Pat in NH

Pat, I was going to buy refurb. I really don't have a problem at all but I went ahead and bought new. I have been shopping prices everywhere. There were some fair ebay deals but it was usually one little thing that would turn me off. Got it with the 18-105 and a couple extras. Had to pay a little for shipping because we have no rural postal delivery. Still saved some. I have been stewing on this for a month so now I'm a little anxious. Christmas in the middle of the year

Bukitimah

With D7000 selling at that kind of pre-owned $, it is indeed a very attractive buy. If I need to replace my current camera, this is one that I would seriously consider, provided the D700 didn't come down too much towards the USD 900 mark haha

Lee

Congrats on the upgrade! Another fairly new D7k owner here and I echo the thoughts of the others on here. Two words: LOVIN' IT!!

Last edited:

Roy1961

Contributor
have you got it Dave???

Edit, I see the latest post now, congrats, what your thoughts on it??

Last edited:
The tracking says new camera should be here tomorrow. My "family" here are the only ones that even know I am getting it. I am able to keep things a secret until I want them known. I bought myself a laptop last fall just to tote around to use on photo trips. It was sort of in plain sight but still my wife didn't see it until last month. Don't think that would work with a new pickup.