Visual Acoustics

KennethHamlett

I finally got around to watching the Julius Shulman movie - Visual Acoustics: The Modernism of Julius Shulman. Anyone that has a slight interest in modern architecture or architectural photography should really watch this movie. It discusses how Shulman's photography helped make stars of Mid-century modern architects such as Neutra, Lloyd-Wright, Van der Rohe, Gehry and many more. Not only was Shulman one of the greatest architectural photographers that ever picked up a camera, he was also an environmentalist long before "green" was ever discussed. Anyone with a Netflix account can stream it for free. Check it out here: Netflix: Rent as many movies as you want for only $8.99 a month! Free Trial - Don't worry I'm not getting any kickbacks from Netflix, just thought I would give you the link so you don't have to search for it. ENJOY!

Browncoat

I've read every single word written about Frank Lloyd-Wright...I'm a huge fan of the prairie style and Usonian movement. The man was truly a visionary, and well beyond his time. Mies' work is also pure genius.

KennethHamlett

Yes, Lloyd-Wright truly was ahead of his time. I would have to say I love Frank Gehry's work. I think what he does with different materials is amazing. The Guggenheim in Bilbao is an absolute masterpiece. So is the Disney Concert Hall. One day I hope to get to shoot either one!

Ruidoso Bill

Kenneth thanks for the heads up, I actually started watching it on my netbook but decided to wait til I was by a larger screen, looks very interesting.