sell price for Nikon D600

BackdoorArts

As a package? I'd sell them separately, especially the 24-70mm. Any time you put stuff together you need to price it as a package because someone needs to want all of it. Sell the 24-70mm on its own and package the 50mm with the D600 if you'd like. Refurbs are going for just under $1600. Assuming low shutter count and no dust issues you might be able to get a tad over that with the lens, or a tad under without. As with anything, check where people sell things (eBay, Craigslist, FredMiranda.com) and see what they're selling for, and adjust accordingly based on what you have in front of you.

eurotrash

I'm interested in a 600 used/refurbed. I got an offer from someone but they wanted two thousand for the body, used. I laughed. It reminded me of craigslist.

But yes, sell everything individually, you'll likely get more money out of it.

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
maybe i will sell the nikon d600 for 1500.00 ,what you guys think ? the nikkor 24 -70 f/2.8 lens for also 1550.00 .

I think it's a fair price for the D600. The lens, well, I got mine used for 1300... What's important is not if we think it's fair or not, but if it will sell at that price. I know for a fact that it's also better to leave the price a little higher to leave room for bargaining. Everyone that buys used wants to bargain a little. It just gives them the illusion of power over the deal.

​Best of luck selling.

jwstl

My thoughts on selling....I read a number of photo related forums and I feel most people ask too much for used equipment. It would have to be a substantial savings for me to buy something from someone I don't know on a forum since it comes without warranty and without recourse. Most items are priced about the same as Ebay but the seller pays little or no fees on most forums and Ebay provides recourse should somethng go wrong. And with Craigslist you are usually buying locally so you get see what you are getting before handing over your money. So if I'm looking for used and I find it in a forum or Ebay and they are close in price, I'll choose Ebay. If I ever decide to sell here I'll price my items below Ebay prices.

Epoc

One advantage of buying off a forum member is, if the seller's post count is high, they are usually enthusiasts and enthusiasts usually look after their gear. This has been my experience and I have bought of both eBay and forum members. Another thing people selling have to consider is grey prices. Soooooo often I see items at prices the same or even above grey prices. Sorry, but if your item is priced above a grey seller's brand new with warranty price, you have buckleys of selling to me.