D7000 is HERE

ktfeeney

I got mine from Best Buy. Check on line to see what store has it and then call and reserve it. You have to buy the kit but, the 18-105 mm lens is great.

PhotoSnapShot

I just have to wonder what you are going to be doing for the weekend...

Have fun "playing" with your D7000. Getting a new camera and to be one of the first kids on the block to get one is always great. Let us know how you like it and you're going to have to share some pictures, too. Even though it may be hard to put it down, you will have to eat and sleep some time, too. Enjoy the camera and congrats on getting it.

Last edited by a moderator:

ktfeeney

I just have to wonder what you are going to be doing for the weekend...

Have fun "playing" with your D7000. Getting a new camera and to be one of the first kids on the block to get one is always great. Let us know how you like it and you going to have to share some pictures too. Even though it maybe hard to put it down you will have to eat and sleep some time too. Enjoy the camera, congrats on getting it.

The lens that came in the kit is also worth it. REALLY, REALLY NICE Camera. Best I've ever owned, and, the pictures are stunning.

ktfeeney

I didn't originally want the kit but, now I am glad that I got the lens with it. I have only used the camea a little last night but, so far, everything is better than all the hype. Best camera I have ever owned. Professional grade all the way.

Curt

Can you keep us posted on how you like the D7000? I am thinking of up grading in the future.
But I don't know much about the D7000, but I have heard very positve things, love to hear from an owner.
I thought of going to the D700 in the future, but I have so much DX glass, worried about buying all new lenese...lol.
So I would love to heard how the D7000 performs :).

ktfeeney

Superb Camera and the kit lens is very nice as well. Feel sorry for the people at the Black Friday Sales that are settling for the D90. I have the beta of the LightRoom 3.3 and, it has the lens adjustment for the D7000 .nef files. and have no problems with Photoshop CS5 either. Really surprise at the lack of advertising for the D7000. I guess that Nikon doesn't need to but, the D3000, D3100, D5000, D90 are all being pushed. I also never see the 14 M point and shoot P6000 or 5000 but they push a less capable P7000.

Best aspect is the true to life color capture. My other cameras always needed a -6 adjustment to the blue in the white balance. These are good at o to -3 in normal daylight. The kit lens is very sharp and I augmented it with a 55 300mm 3.5-4.6 but, stopped using it and will only start using it for wildlife shots.
It is worth the cost. You do get a lot of camera for the money. I have an attached file of a deer that I caught in my front yard in Washington DC suburb of Falls Church, Virginia.

Attachments

• Deer in Front Yard-2-2.jpg
    Deer in Front Yard-2-2.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 1,041
G

Curt,
I have had one since 20th of OCT and I have nothing but praise thus far. You can see some pictures in my gallery. The cactus, ink and popcorn are all on the 7k. I plan on doing some "action" shots tomorrow at the drag strip (cars not men in girly cloths). I will post some more pictures by Monday. I have not really done any video but, I have done a little and had no problems with the hot pixels that some people are reporting. Some of the user controls I find to be a great addition that are not on some of the other models. I really like the fact you can put in 2sd cards. If you are going to continuous mode shoot in RAW I would make sure to get a 30mbs card for at least one of the slots. Bottom line I really enjoy this camera and recommend it highly.

Curt

Thanks Rob, it sounds like nothing but positive feedback on the D7000.
I will have to seriously consider this model now. I would never use the video feature
(Leave that to my video camera….lol). But I really like the sounds of most of the fuctions on the D7000. Thanks for your input Rob.

Hakan Tekin

It is definitely a great camera comparing to D90 but i had to return three D7000 to Best Buy due to dead pixels on both video and "still" images. Personally, i would still NOT have accepted if the dead pixels were on the 1080 "video only" since I want to use it for HD movies, and also the product has to do what is promised by Nikon. Who would want to watch a red light(s) on their video in the future? I would use HD video more than I'd use ISO2000 and above and I love amateur photography.
Anyway, I am hoping to gets my hands on a D7K again in december if Nikon fixes the issue (or say something about it at all).
cheers
Hakan

Last edited:

MrKelso

I have decided to stick with my 5000 for now. I just got the battery grip for it and it works out great for me. I'll wait for the 8000 (grin)

G

Hakan if you want to do HD movies I would suggest getting an HD video camera. Again no said problems here and over 3k clicks thus far.

Curt

Rob,

I totally agree, I would never use my DSLR to shoot video??? I have a video camera for that....lol.
I have a D200 & a D80 neither of them have video fuctions on it, and I like it that way :).
I realize that some people like to use this feature, otherwise Nikon would not offer it...lol.
But for me, that is not a function I think should be on a good DSLR. I realize the D7000 has that feature, but if I had a D7000 that function would never be used :).