"New" D700 Images

Whiskeyman

Here is a hand-held shot taken today with my D700. Don't have the EXIF data at hand right now.

D700 Test-1.jpg

Please comment.
WM

Eye-level

Banned
Nice treatment of the background...would be nice to see same snap from several different angles just to see what would happen...

My wife says it is Ok..little to bright...not enough focus...she is a mean sucker...lol

Whiskeyman

My wife says it is Ok..little to bright...not enough focus...she is a mean sucker...lol

Thank you for your comments. And your wife's comments, too.:D I can't say that I disagree with her.

If possible, I want to set it up and shoot it at f/8 or f/16 to improve the DOF. I believe that the aperture was at f/1.8, or very close to it. I didn't have time last night to look at the EXIF data to post that. I really cropped the image, as well, which urt detail. Obviously, I need a Nikon 105 Micro to do this properly!! ;)

What surprised me was how few, and how small, the changes Lightroom tried to make to the original image. The biggest change was to contrast which LR tried to boost by +12 or so. I dialed it back to about +3 before I posted it.

After I did that, I realized that I should have posted the image straight out of the camera.