D7100 Video Recording Problem

frtorres87

Hello everyone. Today is my second day with my new D7100 and I've been loving it. Well attempting to teach myself all the great features the camera has I noticed that when I put the camera in live view for picture taking everything works perfectly fine but when I switch it to video mode the screen is black. The only thing that is being recorded is audio. Before I head to my local camera store, do you guys know if there is something wrong with my camera? Or is there some kind of setting that's off? Thanks in advanced.

gqtuazon

Gear Head
Re: Video Recording Problem

It shouldn't be doing that. The purpose of live view is to see what the sensor is seeing in real time. I would send it back to have it checked.

iAhmad

did you check your settings ??
ISO ?
shutter ?
aperture ?

it happened to me and i had to fix some of the settings and it worked fine because the video live view is different than photo live view.

frtorres87

did you check your settings ??
ISO ?
shutter ?
aperture ?

it happened to me and i had to fix some of the settings and it worked fine because the video live view is different than photo live view.

I checked everything but ISO, and it turned out to be that the ISO was at 8000 when it was in video mode. Turned it down and the problem was solved.