Dog Sports

Lakeside Annie

Anyone try their hand at Dog Sports? Agility, Flyball, Frisbee, Herding, etc.?

I have an Australian Shepherd that was born to cattle-working parents. She was a VERY BUSY puppy and I knew she was going to need some activity to release that energy. We started training in Agility!

The trials I've been to already have all be indoors (except for one that was in March and bitterly cold; we didn't stay long.)

One of my recent albums (I'm currently healing a badly sprained ankle, so we didn't compete):
20130331 - Easter Sunday Agility in Concord, NC - a set on Flickr

And a shot of my girl last weekend, HERDING for her first time!

Working Denali by Lakeside Annie, on Flickr

wud

Yes, loads :)

This is not my dog, but she's training agility:

nd3_9300_fb.jpg

I tried sheep hearding with my oldest dog, 4 times I think, but he's not trained enough - like stop. Sit. Down. Whatever, he heard nothing, lol. But fun to try - we we're 8 with dogs, so took loads of pictures.
We use our dogs for sledding (in the winter) so I take a lot of pictures of that too. But all this was with my Canon, I can hardly wait for winter to come again, so I can do it with my Nikon :)))

Btw, I got samoyeds.

Lakeside Annie

I LOVE it when they figure out the weave poles! It's the obstacle that takes them the longest to learn. My girl can do them, but she doesn't have much speed to them, yet. ONE time during practice she had the 'tap-tap-tap-tap...' as she wiggled through them. But, now she's back to strolling through them while telling me how much fun she's having...

DSC_0389 by Lakeside Annie, on Flickr

RockyNH_RIP

Anyone try their hand at Dog Sports? Agility, Flyball, Frisbee, Herding, etc.?

I have an Australian Shepherd that was born to cattle-working parents. She was a VERY BUSY puppy and I knew she was going to need some activity to release that energy. We started training in Agility!

The trials I've been to already have all be indoors (except for one that was in March and bitterly cold; we didn't stay long.)

One of my recent albums (I'm currently healing a badly sprained ankle, so we didn't compete):
20130331 - Easter Sunday Agility in Concord, NC - a set on Flickr

And a shot of my girl last weekend, HERDING for her first time!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lzaras/8736182143/
Working Denali by Lakeside Annie, on Flickr

Nice album of photo's.. very impressive... My dogs are not into the sports.. but it is great to watch!

Pat in NH