Tethered capture and LightRoom 5

PapaST

I actually got the tether to work with LR4 using the following youtube video:

Lightroom 4 Tether Nikon D600 with this trick - YouTube

You have to use the plugin from LR5. I've seen some comments that it didn't work but it worked fine with my MacBook Pro. I did mine a little differently than the video. Essentially the video assumes you have LR4 (version 4.4) and LR5 beta installed. You will goto the plugin folder of LR5 and take the nikon tether plugin. Rename the same nikon tether plugin folder in LR4 to something else (.old or whatever) and then paste the folder from LR5 to LR4. I just did it with my 3 year old daughter distracting me so you know it's easy.

I connected it all up and "started" tether and it recognized D600... my camera showed "PC" and it was off and running.

For those that are interested, I didn't want to install LR5 beta. I will buy and install the finished product once it is officially released. Anyways, I had to use a program called Pacifist to extract the nikon plugin folder from the beta install package. It was an extra step but no biggie.

PapaST

btw... should work with windows also (according to the comments I've read). I will probably try the windows install later this week