Nikon D7100 in wildlife photography

G. Cardellini

Yes,but the nikon D7100, in overall, considering the price, is it a good dslr? (not slow, able to take good and sharp pictures, with not much buffer, etc)? budget, maximum 1500 dollars (body)

Krs_2007

You might want to search here about the buffer discussions, seems to be the only thing I have heard with the d7100. But that also depends on how fast you want to shoot and also depends on if you want to use jpeg versus RAW.

Other factors are going to be your lens choices. You want to look for the section on here that covers wildlife photography as well.

Kevin,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

G. Cardellini

Thank you, it helped hehe I;m going to search right now the buffer situation, and i might have a problem there beacuase id like to shoot in raw and fast buut that will make it slower... oh well not everything is perfect!
P.s. do you think the 16-85mm VR and 70-300mm Vr are good glass?

Krs_2007

Those should get you going. I have the 70-300 VR, great lens and will give you the reach. The D7000 does not have the buffer issues, so you might find a better deal going that route.

I primarily shoot youth sports, baseball, wrestling, basketball and football without any buffer issues. And I shoot RAW as well. Not trying to knock the 7100, just really telling what I have heard.

You will find lots of info here, it's a great place and I have learned a lot. I learn at least one thing new everyday just reading these forums.

Kevin,

Sambr

Thank you, it helped hehe I;m going to search right now the buffer situation, and i might have a problem there beacuase id like to shoot in raw and fast buut that will make it slower... oh well not everything is perfect!
P.s. do you think the 16-85mm VR and 70-300mm Vr are good glass?

Both good glass. The 70-300VR is a little slow. Both work very well on a D7100. By the way the D7100 is perfect for wildlife, I shot with one last week paired with my 300mmF4 it performed very well. I would have no hesitation in using one for that purpose.

Krs_2007

See I knew someone would chime in here. As well as another good lens option to look at.

Kevin,

AxeMan - Rick S.

i might have a problem there beacuase id like to shoot in raw and fast​

I'm going to be honest here, If you like RAW and fast, the D7100 is not for you. I'll save you the trouble and post a Youtube link on the buffer issues that is posted in another thread here.

D7100 Memory Card Test - YouTube

If the buffer issue is not a factor for you, this is an amazing camera for DX.

Welcome to the forums.

Last edited:

G. Cardellini

I'm going to be honest here, If you like RAW and fast, the D7100 is not for you. I'll save you the trouble and post a Youtube link on the buffer issues that is posted in another thread here. D7100 Memory Card Test - YouTube If the buffer issue is not a factor for you, the is an amazing camera for DX. Welcome to the forums.

Thank you so much, the video helped a lot, so I think I won't be shooting like 20 raws, so 6 or 7 are perfect for me, there is no problem hehe :) thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Somersetscott

I'm fairly new to DSLRs, the D7000 has been an awesome tool for me so far - got some cracking wildlife shots and ermm some cracking wildlife fails (operator not camera).

I'd recommend the D7000 to anyone for wildlife.

Good luck, hope you're happy with the choice you make.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2