Buffer Issue

Epoc

Just for a bit of healthy debate, I am curious about this D7100 buffer issue a lot of people are not happy about. Personally, when I'm using the burst mode, I am usually trying to capture fast moving objects, in my case mostly sports. When I am doing this, nearly all the time I do minimum PP to the images. Colour, contrast, sharpening etc. So, I usually shoot in JPEG as the RAW PP functions simply are not required and would simply slow down what could be a time consuming PP session if that burst mode is used heavily. Hence for me, the buffer issue wouldn't worry me.

I'm interested in hearing other people's thoughts on this. What do you shoot in burst? Do you use RAW or JPEG for bursts? Why do you need RAW for bursts? Has anyone bought a 7100 and is considering selling or sold because of this issue and why? Feel free to add and questions on this topic that you have answers for. :tennis:

Ironwood

I bought my D7100 knowing about the issue ( which is a non-issue for me ). This camera is a big step up from my last one ( D3100), I only used burst mode a couple of times, shooting birds with that one.

As I said in the other thread, if you think the buffer will be a problem for you, then buy a different camera.

​I have no regrets buying mine, its an awesome camera.