Customizing the OK button...

Jackpot

Customizing the OK button... SOLVED!

Greetings,Here is another in my series of "bonehead questions...If I select Menu > Custom Setting Menu > f Controls > 1 OK Button > Shooting Mode > I can select "Select center focus point"So I focus, press the "OK" button and... nothing, to center focus point gets highlighted!Is there more set up? What could I be doing wrong? Am I making sense?

Last edited:

BackdoorArts

I believe what it does is automatically move the focus point to the center point if it's been moved elsewhere. It may only work in single point AF mode as well.

Jackpot

Have you ever read the owners manual? Look at page 252 for a start.

Umm... I thought my question phrasing made it obvious that I indeed did RTFM, but I cannot tell if it's working.
I'd be grateful if you could help me understand what I might be doing wrong rather than simply pointing back at the manual...

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Let me guess. If the focus point is already set in the centre, then it wouldn't do a thing would it? Try putting the focus point somewhere else and then hit the OK button to see if it moves the focus point back to the centre. Maybe this is all it does.

Jackpot

Let me guess. If the focus point is already set in the centre, then it wouldn't do a thing would it? Try putting the focus point somewhere else and then hit the OK button to see if it moves the focus point back to the centre. Maybe this is all it does.

Nope, that was one of the first things I tried, also double checked settings, different lens, indoor and outdoors, Googled it, Bing'd it...

Horoscope Fish

Pressing the "OK" button moves the focus point back to center for me. I have my D7100 here with me and I just tried it. Here's what I did...

I went into the Custom Settings Menu, F Controls, F1 OK Button, Shooting Mode [Reset], clicked over into [Reset] Select Center Focus Point and that option has been clicked on, or "OK".

From there I exit out of the menus and framed a shot. Now, if I use the buttons surrounding the OK button to move the focus point high or left or whatever, pressing the "OK" button makes the center focus point "active".

Try going into Custom Settings Menu, A4 AF Point Illumination, and click that selection "ON" so you can be sure of where your active focus point actually is.

Hope that helps...

Jackpot

I KNEW I was being a bonehead... I had everything right EXCEPT the AF-C, AF-S, etc... Setting it to AF-S was what I was missing.