Any known deals on Tokina 11-16mm DX?

kirbfucius

I've been looking at getting an ultra-wide for a little while, but quality glass is expensive. I've tested the Tokina 11-16 at the local shop, but they only have the DX II and only new in the box for the full $700. Since my camera body can autofocus without the lens motor I've looked at finding a first-gen model, but even used they seem to hold their value very well! Does anyone know of any good deals on this lens?

slowpoke

I got one.LOVE IT!!I paid $525.00 with filter and shipping included.Worth the money.Good Luck:) If your in Canada try Kijiji thats where I found mine.

Last edited:

kirbfucius

Oh right, the location thingy. I'm in the USA, so probably not the best shipping and currency conversion rate to send it this way. :(

​I appreciate the heads up on it though!

Epoc

Actually, our $ has just dropped below parity with your $ for the 1st time in years! But yeah, not sure on the freight cost. You could always talk to them via their online chat.

Ironwood

Ian, have you bought any stuff off that company before, they have some good prices.
I ask because I am about to order a Nikon 16-85, and they are about $40 cheaper than DWI, but that is freight free, not sure how much the freight was on eglobal.

Epoc

Hey Brad,
Yeah mate have bought heaps. D7000, Tokina 11-16mm, 50 1.8G, iPad. They are great. Service is prompt and delivery is super quick. I once placed an order Friday arv and had the item in my hands by Monday morning!! Another one I now use is digital cameras, digital slr cameras, video cameras - DWI australia online store. Digital World International. Their prices are comparable when you factor in they have free postage. Off them I have bought the Nikon 24-85VR and Nikon 35/2D. I kinda prefer them as they have an Aussie contact phone number and handle all warranties through Aussie repairers. One thing I will say though, I haven't had to use either for warranty, so can't comment on that side of it. I have read many positive feedbacks on this though on another couple of Aussie tog forums I frequent.

RockyNH_RIP

$40 off is always nice, but still a ways out of my price range. I'll just have to save my pennies and keep an eye out!

It is still steep for me also... I do like it.. I am watching for used/refurb but no luck yet. The sigma 10-20 is another that I am considering and it is more readily available.

Pat in NH

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
It is still steep for me also... I do like it.. I am watching for used/refurb but no luck yet. The sigma 10-20 is another that I am considering and it is more readily available.

Pat in NH

I have the Sigma 10-20 and will say it's a darn great lens. It's not 2.8, but is quite smaller and lighter than the Tokina, so it's easier to take with you. With the new sensors that have no problem with higher iso, I never missed not having the 2.8 aperture.

Photo Joe

Thanks Photo Joe! Does that have the focus motor in the lens??

Pat in NH

My version does not have the built in focus motor, however there is a 12-24mm ATX Pro DX II that does have the built in focus motor. But it's also a little bit more expensive ($450ish new) and can be hard to find at times due to its popularity. I went with the non focus motor in the lens b/c I have a D7000, however, I also use it on my D5000 via manual focus and it's wide enough that it's pretty easy to operate that way with appropriate aperture settings.