Scrabo Tower

simonhodge

_SJH0442-3.jpg

D300, 18-105mm @18mm, ISO 100, F8, 1/500th

simonhodge

_SJH0508-2.jpg

D300, 18-105mm @ 18mm, ISO 100, F10, 1/320

I had been asked for some photos of Scrabo Tower by someone who used to live locally but now live in England. Scrabo Tower is located at the top of Strangford Lough in Newtownards and was made as gift for the wife of the former Lord Londonderry. The first photo was taken from down the lough close to Mount Stewart estate where Lord Londonderry lived. For the second photo I had a challenge to capture a photo that had the tower in the fore-ground and the lough behind as it is the highest point in the area.

Simon

Roy1961

Contributor
nice shots of the tower simon, where did you get the sun and clear skies from:D my mother in law just flew in from Belfast today to get dried out, says the weather back home is real bad

simonhodge

nice shots of the tower simon, where did you get the sun and clear skies from:D my mother in law just flew in from Belfast today to get dried out, says the weather back home is real bad

Thanks Roy1961. There have actually be 3 or 4 sunny days in a row here this weekend which is brilliant for to be honest for this time of the year it should be better than that. One upside to all the rain is that its very green!

Roy1961

Contributor
oh I can still remember all the rain, after living in Cali for 13 years I think I am finally dried out, would actually like a few days of rain now