Hi from the Inland Empire

mosgood62

Hi,

I'm new to this site, but not photography. Started taking pics back in the early 70s. Always had a fascination with cameras. I've taken some classes using film cameras. I have 2 digital SLRs. My original, KM 7d, & for the past year & 1/2, I've been shooting with a D200. I've shot some weddings, events, etc. I have a wedding coming up this weekend & an event in Nov. Looking forward to getting to know all you!

Marla

LensWork

Welcome! Have you ever been to Empire Camera? They were in Colton for many years and moved to Redlands a couple of years ago. A friend of mine (Tim Williams) father (Claude Williams) owns it, and Tim manages it. They are both good guys, and they really know their stuff.

Last edited:

Joseph Bautsch

Hi Maria and welcome to the Nikonites Community. Great avatar shot. Don't worry about having your second camera something other than a Nikon. We have at least one member who has a Cannon of all things. lol :D You will find the people here friendly and willing to answer questions and talk photography especially if it's about their Nikon. Would like to see some of your work in the Gallery.

Ruidoso Bill

Hello Marla and welcome to Nikonites! I see we both use a D200, in some ways I hope mine will never wear out, like an old friend. I also have a wedding coming up next month, getting busy organizing what I'll need besides a bucketful of charged batteries. Looking forward to seeing some of your photos.

mosgood62

Hi Lenswork, thanks for the warm welcome! I haven't been to Empire Camera actually. I lived closer to a small camera shop in Claremont, but sadly it's since folded. Next time I am out in Redlands though, I just may have to drop by. :)

I'm a transplant actually....grew up behind the Orange curtain. But things got crazy expensive, & super competitive there. I actually like the pace in the IE better. Still visit the OC from time to time, it's just not the home base anymore.

Last edited:

mosgood62

Hi Joseph, thnaks! The avatar is my dog. He's quite the ham, & loves to pose for photos. :) I actually have a Canon Power shot something or other too, but it rarely gets used. My hubby & I like the dSLRs better because there's no shutter delay. It's very difficult to go from that to a P&S, but on occasion we do trot it out.

mosgood62

Hello Yibel! I really like my D200. Took a bit of time to get used to it after using the KM7D (it's a bit like going from a mac to a pc or vice versa). ;-) But I am passed that learning curve. It's a great camera. I too hope it never wears out. Yup, getting my gear ready for the big day too. Batteries, lenses, etc, all need to be in tip top shape. There's no do-over unfortunately. LOL But I'm looking forward to the challenge.

LensWork

I lived closer to a small camera shop in Claremont, but sadly it's since folded.

It is a sad reality that in recent years many independent camera stores have closed, all over the country.

I'm a transplant actually....grew up behind the Orange curtain. But things got crazy expensive, & super competitive there. I actually like the pace in the IE better. Still visit the OC from time to time, it's just not the home base anymore.

I've lived in various parts of Southern Cal over the years (West Covina, Fullerton, Brea, Anaheim Hills, Corona and Riverside). I too preferred the Inland Empire; far enough away from the OC & LA to avoid the daily traffic nightmares, but close enough that the beaches and downtown were still accessible when the desire/need arose.

fotojack

Hi Marla, another D200 owner! Good! :) Too few of us left, but we hang in there. :) Welcome to Nikonites, where Nikonese is spoken. :) Glad to see you join our community of Nikon afficionados.

Ruidoso Bill

There's no do-over unfortunately. LOL But I'm looking forward to the challenge.

Today a do-over is always a possibility! lol

The one I'm doing starts out at a church, goes to an informal reception including roasted pig in a pit, should be fun as long as I don't join the pig.

mosgood62

Well, I dunno about Sat, Bill. I have no time machine...so I have to make the day a good one for the bride. I haven't met her personally, so needless to say I'm a little nervous not knowing what she's like. I am the asst photographer. :) It's not my first wedding gig, but it's my first working in tandem with another photographer. He has asked me to work with the bride, he's going to be shooting the groom. (That sounds really bad! LOL)

Ruidoso Bill

Shooting the Groom, ah he probably deserves it! You make me laugh. We should do a poll but I think D200 users have the best sense of humor, fotojack would agree I'm sure...

Joohn

Hi Friend,

Welcome to the great world of Nikon. I am sure you already started liking this community. Have blast fun here.

Cheers!

ohkphoto

Snow White
Hi, Marla, and welcome to Nikonites! I also shoot with a D200, although the D2x is my main one. I recently did a wedding and was glad to have both cameras so I didn't have to swap out lenses. I had to move fast and make quick decisions to make sure I captured all the "special moments."

I love your avatar . . . another dog lover, yeah! Every time I test something new out on my cameras, my dogs are my models (not always willing ones LOL)

Looking forward to seeing your pics and posts!

Best Regards