Wide angle lens for D800

Belo

Should I be looking at completing my trinity set with the 14-24 mm or are there any other wide angle lenses that I should look at?

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2

Dave_W

The Dude
Consider the 17-35mm f/2.8D or 17-35mm f/4G lenses. The reason being that you can easily use Cokin filters without doing the backflips you have to do with the 14-24mm and as much as I *love* the IQ of the 14-24mm, I sure wish I had access to filters. If I had it to do all over again, I'm not sure I would pick the 14-24mm again. That said, the 14-24mm is an awesome lens and with the exception of the filer issue, there's no finer ultra wide in existence (IMO).

Belo

Thanks Dave, I actually used to own a 14-24mm but sold it a few months back to make way for a macro and some other gear. I miss the ultra wides as some of my favorite shots here in Dubai are nightlife city shots.

I was also hinting towards the 16-35mm.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2

JDFlood

The 14mm-24mm is the only zoom I use, it is spectacular. I normally only use primes, but the 14-24 is different. Really sharp and fast. I am vacationing in Chicago right now, despite it's weight, I just have to have it next to me. Normally I shoot forest, waterfalls, and mountains, indispensable there also. I highly recommend it. JD

BackdoorArts

I love my 16-35mm and I can't find a reason to replace it with the 14-24mm, as good as that one might be. If I ever quit my current job and manage to make a living doing this stuff then maybe I'd add it. Maybe. My reason is what Dave brought up - filters. If I'm shooting something that wide I want the option of using ND's to slow time down and do whatever I want without jumping through hoops.