Out shooting, change of lenses

wud

Just wondering, when you're out on a job, how often do you change your lenses? Is it 1 lens for this location, move to another spot, change of lens?

Im asking because I was out yesterday and even though I had a plan ready, I did a LOT of switches. Thats not a problem, I just thought, if thats not the best way to do it in the long run, might as well start to think about it now.

Geoffc

It's either change lenses or take a couple of bodies as many wedding photographers do. I don't see a problem with changing lenses as such however if you're doing a wedding or suchlike it's a speed thing. I was at a friends wedding and always seemed to have the wrong lens on. I'm taking two bodies to my daughter's in September,

Ever person, every shoot is different. It would be better if we could keep changes to a minimum but that is not always possible or best. Do what you have to do to get the best photographs you can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

RockyNH_RIP

I try and plan so that changes are a minimum... but I have and will change as needed... OFTEN, start the day with 18-105, switch to 35 or 50 for product... later switch back for scenic and then may sitch again for floral detail (35 or 50)

Yesterday, did 4 locations, mounted the 55 - 300 and carried the 18-105... Never switched till I got home and had to put the 50 on for a shoot..

Pat in NH

Pat in NH

gqtuazon

Gear Head
In my experience, if I was getting paid to cover an event indoor or outdoor, I can cover about 95% of the shots that I need to take using a full frame camera with two speed lights with each camera. For the more advanced wedding photographers who prefer using prime lenses, changing lenses is possible if you time it right but you are making some risk if you missed some shots. The people will not wait for you during the mass.

I do not like changing lenses out on the field since there is a good probability that you'll introduce dust inside your camera.