In image advertising opt out & upload policy updated

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
Recently we partnered with an advertiser called Luminate that displays ads within images. These ads are non-intrusive and are displayed to guests only. Any revenue they generate will help keep the site online and free. However, if you wish to turn off these ads that is perfectly fine too. You can do so by going go settings, general and selecting 'No' for 'Display ads on images'.

The Forum Rules (which are linked to at the bottom of all pages) have also been updated to link to the image Upload Policy

Please post any comments or questions you have on this here. Thanks everyone!

carguy

Recently we partnered with an advertiser called Luminate that displays ads within images. These ads are non-intrusive and are only displayed to guests only. Any revenue they generate will help keep the site online and free. However, if you wish to turn off these ads that is perfectly fine too. You can do so by going go settings, general and selecting 'No' for 'Display ads on images'.

The Forum Rules (which are linked to at the bottom of all pages) have also been updated to link to the image Upload Policy

Please post any comments or questions you have on this here. Thanks everyone!

Nice job!

WhiteLight

So if i got this right, our images when viewed by non members would have a message showing below them (as Art showed us yesterday) right?
Clicking on the image would take them to the ad page would it or would it enlarge the pic?? :p

That sounds quite alright to me.. i ma happy to help grow this site... very special to me as i learnt practically everything i know about photography from here.. (now don't go reading my sig ;) )

But i wouldn't want that site showing my pics in their website or anywhere else... and i would like to know if i can disable sharing option where anyone can share my pic on social media sites

Deezey

No worries from me. I don't mind any image I post on here being used to help this site.

I was actually surprised not to have seen something similar already in place when I first joined.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2

I used a friends computer to log onto Nikonites the otherday and went on as a guest and noticed the Ad's and thought ohhh **** they are advertising on my favorite site now. Got off went home and logged on with my computer and Lo-N-Behold no Ad's, so I figured it was just showing up on people logged on as guests. I was so happy I did a lil JIG. :cool: