live view not working when connected to external TV monitor through HDMI

lovina

Hello! the live view on my D5200 will not work when connecting the camera to a TV monitor through HDMI cable. Once connected, the live view shuts off and the camera will not take a photo. The connection is made however, because I am able to view photos already taken. It is not the cable or TV because the feature works when connected to my D5000. Is the camera defective?

gqtuazon

Gear Head
Hello! the live view on my D5200 will not work when connecting the camera to a TV monitor through HDMI cable. Once connected, the live view shuts off and the camera will not take a photo. The connection is made however, because I am able to view photos already taken. It is not the cable or TV because the feature works when connected to my D5000. Is the camera defective?

Does your camera manual say that it has that feature?

Horoscope Fish

You're trying to get Live View to "broadcast" through your TV via the HDMI out?

I don't think that's going happen.

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
Is the goal here to monitor photos as they are taken or are you doing something with video?