Testing out the New Tokina 11-16 f2.8

slowpoke

_PW18273 (1280x807).jpg

Horoscope Fish

That lens is SO at the top of my list! And that shot looks smashing, by the way. Was any distortion correction done or is that straight out of the camera? PLEASE tell me it's the latter.

Lie if you must, just SAY IT!! SAAAAY IIIIT!!!

Last edited:

slowpoke

That lens is SO at the top of my list! And that shot looks smashing, by the way. Was any distortion correction done or is that straight out of the camera? PLEASE tell me it's the latter.

Lie if you must, just SAY IT!! SAAAAY IIIIT!!!
Straight out of the camera,I did down size it.Shocked me too,lol

§am

I love the pictures.
The 11-16mm is on my list of lenses to get, but is currently sat at around number 3 or 4 :(
I may need to rethink my strategy if I keep seeing images like that :)

Ironwood

Great photos, so I take it you are pleased with the lens.

It is also on my want list, it is sitting at 2 or 3 ( cant decide if I want this one, or a new macro lens more )

MrF

Great shots! I got my 11-16 about a month ago and I've loved what I've done with it so far.

The photos look great... does that lens autofocus on your 5100?? It is on my list along with a sigma 10-20

Pat in NH

Pat, the old version is a screw drive autofocus. They have a newer one out (called the DX II, I believe) that has an internal motor. I think the optics are pretty much the same.

RockyNH_RIP

Great shots! I got my 11-16 about a month ago and I've loved what I've done with it so far.

Pat, the old version is a screw drive autofocus. They have a newer one out (called the DX II, I believe) that has an internal motor. I think the optics are pretty much the same.

Thanks Mike!! I would definately want an AF motor so it autofocus's on my 5100. Appreciate the info!

Pat in NH