Ebay and Copyright Infringement

WhiteLight

Are there any precautions to be taken?
Or should we knows the can & can not's?
i have no friggin idea!
i just take pics and post full power - 1200px!

not that i think anyone would want to whack my pics and make money off it, but prevention sure seems to be better than some dreaded cure ;)

Eye-level

Banned
Yeah I think we are fixing to talk about this...

I'm cooking hamburgers right now but I'll try to come up with some food for thought while I am feeding my face...LOL

Last edited:

Photowyzard

​ebay STINKS. I have started weening myself completely off them, focusing on Craig's list. If you live in Canada, they force you to use PITNEY BOWES to ship and all the associated costs involved with that. Added $40 to a $150 purchase I made. Right out of my pocket. Man, I could use some profanity here at them.

They are strictly money driven, if this copyright thing doesn't bite them directly in the ass, they will do absolutely nothing until it impacts them. You have to complain to get your images taken down, otherwise, this guy will simply keep selling.....

Eye-level

Banned
I would think if someone made them a partner in litigation they might respond a little better but they are so damn huge that would probably never happen.

That just blows my mind though that someone with a really good ink jet printer and good paper stock could rip photos off the net and make over 5 grand like that...makes you wonder how many folks are doing that kind of thing...I bet there are tons and tons of them.

Jack Sparrows everywhere! I would LOL but it is really not that funny...

carguy

​ebay STINKS. I have started weening myself completely off them, focusing on Craig's list. If you live in Canada, they force you to use PITNEY BOWES to ship and all the associated costs involved with that. Added $40 to a $150 purchase I made. Right out of my pocket. Man, I could use some profanity here at them.

They are strictly money driven, if this copyright thing doesn't bite them directly in the ass, they will do absolutely nothing until it impacts them. You have to complain to get your images taken down, otherwise, this guy will simply keep selling.....

Here in the US sellers can choose their own shipping method. Any method of selling has pros/cons. I like the exposure I get using eBay & PayPal and the minor fees.

Name one company who isn't strictly money driven ;)

Tap'n on the Galaxy S3

Eye-level

Banned
What is even crazier is that people would pay 8 or 9 bucks for it...

Makes me want to scan some of my higher quality art book prints and start selling them...I'm frigging on the computer all of time anyway.

​Ole PT was right I guess...there is a sucker born every minute.

RockyNH_RIP

Nothing is safe... If I had those types of images, I would try to do something to protect them, just do not know what!!!??

Pat in NH

§am

Again this all comes back to how much watermarking and the like do you do to your images, or how low quality do you post them onto the web.

Deezey

Post images on the web at 72dpi. If using lightroom like me change the dpi in export. Also limit file sizes if you want. But 300dpi is standard magazine print quality. So 72 is pretty down there.

Also most computer monitors only display around 72dpi.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2