camera on/camera off

redrockv8

If I leave my camera on (D3200) and the liveview is off and I am not using auto focus what if anything is consuming battery power? I once forgot to turn it off and discovered it about 4 hours later and the battery indicator showed I still had a fully charged battery.
HT

They have a battery save mode. You can configure it to some degree in the menu. It determines how long the viewfinder stays on etc. I forget to turn myh camera off most of the time. The thing that might cause a problem is it when it is in the camera bag something might press the shutter release button and cause it to use some power for a little while.

Robert8995

Starting with my last camera(Rebel XSi), I have always left my camera on and let it auto-shutdown. That way if a shot comes up, all I do is grab the camera and depress the shutter-release button. Turning the camera on manually may not take a whole lot of time, but it's one less thing to worry about.

fotojack

It has always been my practice to turn the camera off when not in use. It saves the battery/batteries. And I really don't find it all that difficult to flip the little switch on when I need to take a shot. It comes on in a nano second.

Sambr

I leave my camera on when I am out in the field for two reason # 1 it's ready to fire! "lock N Load baby" and number two - switches wear out - why help speed it up the process? My camera's go into "sleep mode" and are ready to go the minute I touch the shutter no switch to flip.Once I am done for the day and put them away, then they are switched off. Anyways that's my 2 cents