D7000 for Dummies

riverside

Just ordered a D7000. I'm well experienced with digital DSLs but was wondering if the subject book simplified and condensed the normally voluminous and scattered owners manual descriptions of all features. Too much to hope for? Living in the sticks I don't have convenient access to a bookstore to thumb through a copy.

​Thanks

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Welcome to the forum.

Just do a google search on D7000 tutorials and you'll get more info you can digest in a few weeks.

piperbarb

I got the D7000 book written by David Busch, Nikon D7000. Excellent, comprehensive book that is easy to read, well organized, excellent examples, and extremely thorough. I highly recommend it.

riverside

I got the D7000 book written by David Busch, Nikon D7000. Excellent, comprehensive book that is easy to read, well organized, excellent examples, and extremely thorough. I highly recommend it.

Ordered his D7000 compact field guide. While tutorials are nice I like simple, at-hand reference material (other than the manual).

Lee

mastering the d7000 by darrell young is a better bet for non-dummies. i found the dummies book somewhat lacking!

I second this. I haven't bought a book for my new D7k but used Darrell Young's book for my previous camera - the D90 - and found it very thorough, nicely set out and easy to understand, while not being strictly a 'newbie' book

riverside

I ordered Young's 'Mastering the D7000' and Busch's D7000 field guide. The body and lenses arrive tomorrow so I'll use internet tutorials for the basics and poke around fine tuning, WB and take some pictures until I can do some in-depth reading.

My thanks to everyone for all recommendations.

chico

for future people reading this thread,I find that the magic lantern guides by simon Stafford are also very good.