TAMARON LD572D 70-300mm f/4.0-5.6 AF lens

voop

Ordered this lense for my D3100, any comments from the experts would be appreciated.
Hope this is an ok lense for a newbie:)

SteveH

Hi Voop,
I have no experience of Tamron lenses to tell you how good they are, but I do know that different types are sold.... Nikon mount, Cannon mount, Pentax mount etc.... As long as you bought the Nikon mount, it will fit your camera. I don't know what designation is given to the Tamron's with the in-built focus motor is, but your D3100 requires then lens to have a motor or you will have focus manually.

Hminx

Get the model designed for nikon mount and you shouldn't have any issues. You will notice the weight though.....:)

voop

Thanks folks, I did purchase nikon mount ...yay it does say auto focus. Oh well going to have to learn to manual focus :rolleyes:

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

nickt

I am fairly certain this lens WILL NOT autofocus on your camera. I have a 572D (non-LD model) tucked away in my closet. I bought it a long time ago back in my film days. I think the LD was an improvement on the glass, "Low Dispersion".

skene

I'm pretty sure that one was made to be AF using the worm af drive of higher end bodies.
The one that you should have ordered would have been the Tamron 70-300 F4-5.6 DI LD (With or without VC/Vibration Compensation) This has the built in AF motor.

voop

Thanks for all the replies. The lens arrives this morning will let you all know how it goes. certainly looks like I am going to have to get used to using manual focus, I just hope the lens gives reasonable pics in zoom and macro for a newbie.

voop

flower.jpg
I got the lens today and really enjoying it, will definitely teach me quicker with no auto focus. I am finding it fun to focus manually. I took this photo in macro mode, bear in mind a am a newb...lol, but I was impressed.