Switch between both SD cards when viewing?

nzswift

Card 1 is NEF, Card 2 JPEG.
Normally after exposure my camera (D600) displays the (latest) NEF file.
If it's a dud I delete it straight away, but then have to scroll through the whole JPEG card to delete that version too. The manual mentions something about pressing the BRKT button but that doesn't seem to do what I want.
Is there a way to view, say the RAW file and switch to the JPEG of the same shot?
Any advice much appreciated...

BackdoorArts

In camera viewing of the RAW file actually shows a JPEG preview, so you'll see no difference whatsoever.

As for deletions, my understanding is that deleting the RAW should delete the JPEG, but there may be a menu option for that. No time to poke around at the moment, but if you don't get an answer next time I check in I'll see what I can come up with.

BackdoorArts

I poked around quickly and best I can determine is that the D600 (and perhaps all Nikons) will not delete parallel images, or anything else, across cards. With the Card 2 function set to Overflow then they will display and delete together (one image labeled RAW+Fine). With Card 2 function set to Backup it will display the same set of images (RAW+Fine) twice, and they must be deleted separately. With Card 2 function set to RAW Slot 1 - JPEG Slot 2 then you will get two images displayed, one labeled RAW and one Fine, and these must be deleted separately as well.

Mfrankfort

I tried using the same thing (card 1 nef, card 2 jpeg) when I went on my cruise, so I could easily seperate the two. Fail. You can't delete both files at the same time. I'm not sure if it's software or hardware, but I couldn't figure out how to do it. Best way I figured, was have Card 2 for overflow, and when you view the files in the folder, make it so it's only 2 across, and it should have all the NEF on the left, JPEG on the right, and you can just highlight the whole first or second Column and move them to a NEF folder, and same for JPEG folder. Not sure if that makes sense... but that's what I ended up doing.