Upgrade to something else?

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
I own a Nikon 20mm f/2.8D lens but would like to get something a little wider; however, the 14-24mm f/2.8 is more than I'd like to spend. My local camera store said the Nikon 16-35mm f/4 would be a good alternative optically so if I decide to sell my 20mm, do you think the 16-35mm would be a comparable quality replacement? There don't seem to be many ultra wide angle lenses available that offer decent quality photos. It is for use on a D600. Thanks for any ideas!

jwstl

I own a Nikon 20mm f/2.8D lens but would like to get something a little wider; however, the 14-24mm f/2.8 is more than I'd like to spend. My local camera store said the Nikon 16-35mm f/4 would be a good alternative optically so if I decide to sell my 20mm, do you think the 16-35mm would be a comparable quality replacement? There don't seem to be many ultra wide angle lenses available that offer decent quality photos. It is for use on a D600. Thanks for any ideas!

The 16-35 is a fine alternative. According to most reviews, it's not as sharp in the center as the 14-24 but sharper in the corners. It also accepts filters unlike the 14-24. The 14-24 has less distortion and 2.8.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD