Setting raw to card

spacgoste

I set the cards to shoot raw and jpeg. When I took card 1 out for nikon nx2. Software said these were jpeg, the same for card 2. I went back to menu and reset raw and jpeg. I shot some more pictures and the same thing. Am I doing something wrong? I really am looking forward in seeing how raw turns out. Thank you

fotojack

Are you doing something wrong? I don't know.....what camera are you using? Are you selecting "OK" after you make your menu selections? Did your camera come with an owners manual?

unkyjohn

In the shooting menu you have to select image quality for RAW and jpeg as well as selecting the roll played by card in slot 2

spacgoste

I'd have been reading the book "Mastering the Nikon D7000" by Darrell Young. I think I did everything right. I am using a d7000. Yes I have selected 'OK' afterwards. My settings on jpeg are quality is fine, size is large, and comp is opt. Raw is set at lossless compression and 14 bit.

spacgoste

Thank you for that last question. I did some more research with the book. I had the image quality set for JPEG fine. Needs to be set for NEF RAW + JPEG fine. Thank you so much.

Cowleystjames

Hijacking the thread a bit, sorry, why have jpg and raw with the same photograph? If you're taking a raw photo, post processing you can easily save a jpg.
I'm on a step learning curve so please excuse my ignorance. :confused:

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

SkvLTD

Faster browsing of what you took off and on the pc even. If the camera jpeg is good enough, no need to worry about the raw in some cases.

spacgoste

I have never done raw before. Just backing up, in case I mess up. My wife does the computer part. I am not sure how she will feel about raw. I am really looking forward in seeing the difference.

Last edited by a moderator:

spacgoste

I am still trying to learn how to process raw pictures. Actually I have no idea. I went to ViewNX2 but couldn't figure it out. I am not sure which software to use. ViewNX2 or Adobe Elements. I tried searching for results from other threads. Haven't found anything yet. Thank you for the link. I will read it later.