D90 or ?

riverside

Newbie here seeking advice.

The brand X camera I'm preparing to replace is dedicated to product photography, shoes and clothing, and some portrait work, ~25k exposures/yr. It has no video or full frame requirement, 100% manual settings under controlled/supplemented lighting. I'm seeking easy, quick control of shutter, aperture, WB and metering without slogging through menus. This is production work for the web in jpeg format with the objective of reducing PP software adjustment to a minimum.

All advice, including other models in this (new) price range greatly appreciated.

John P

For what you are looking for in a camera. The D90 is an absolute WORKHORSE!!!!!!
It would fit your needs very well.

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
The D90 is a wonderful camera. If you need to print large, then the D7000 could be my recommended choice. It accepts and meters the older Nikon lenses.

riverside

Either one will be great.
Hell go for the 7100.
I love mine. My other bodies are collecting dust now.

I don't need the video, pixels or new release R&D recapture. I'm struggling to decide between the 90 and 7000. After the first 100 or so reviews and comparisons it becomes a fine point issue.

fotojack

Hell, I wouldn't say no to a D90. An absolute workhorse of a camera! It will do everything you ask of it and give you excellent results.

davemazz

Small difference in price and I went with the 7000 from Adorama.

Thanks to all for the comments.

Nice choice. I LOVE my D90, like everybody has been saying, it is a workhorse camera, and it has the "pro" feel, it has some bulk to it compared to the D3100, 5100 etc. You don't have to slog through menus to change basic settings either. That being said, I'm probably going to sell mine and grab a 7000 within a few months, I feel like the 7000 is a nice upgrade to it. Congrats!