7100 with off brand lenses

JMHPhotography

So I am ready to upgrade working with the D5100 for 2 years and I am finding working inside the menu for adjustment is a pain in the....

So I wanted to upgrade to the 7100 in July however my concern is I know nikon never guarantees that off brand lenses will work with any of there cameras. I have the tamron 70-200-2.8 which works fine on my 5100. I am work in progress and cant see spending 1200 on a camera to have to go our and buy a 3000 nikon lens to replace my tamron. Has anyone used off brand on their 7100 yet if so what are you thought?

Thank you
​Jeannette

AC016

lol, you mean it's a pain in the ASS! right? I know how you feel. Having both a D80 and a D5100, i really appreciate the manual controls that are readily available on my D80. Your Tamron should work just fine on the 7100. I think it is stated otherwise as a "just in case". Though, i have never heard of Tamron not working on a Nikon.

AxeMan - Rick S.

​I’m sure if any lens are not working on the D7100 you would be reading about it on the web, just like you read about back focus issues, oil spots, and faulty mirror boxes.

I haven’t heard of any outside of a few “older” Sigma lenses not working. I use two Sigma lenses 17-50 & 70 200 both f/2.8 on my D7100 and they work just fine.

As for Tamron I don’t own any but again if they were not working you be hearing about it.

My best guess is you will be fine.