Got my new lens!

ebi381

I picked up an AF-S 55-200 1.4-5.6g ED DX VR for £80 brand new :) haven't had much time to use it yet but I'm happy with it as a lens to practice with.

Last edited by a moderator:

TedG954

Isn't it amazing how you get something new and you're all excited about it, and the very first thing someone posts is what's wrong with it?

​My 55-200 isn't noisy and it works well. Enjoy yours.

RockyNH_RIP

i picked up a AF-S 55-200 1.4-5.6g ED DX VR for £80 brand new :) havent had much time to use it yet but im happy with it as a lense to practice with.

http://s597.photobucket.com/user/shoecannon/media/DSLR/_DSC2850.jpg.html

http://s597.photobucket.com/user/shoecannon/media/DSLR/_DSC2857.jpg.html
Congrats! I think you will enjoy it!! I had one until recently when I replaced it with a 55-300.

As far as noisy, mine was not .. and I think it focused a bit faster than my 300 but I really needed the extra reach for wildlife. I enjoyed mine when I had it and was pleased with the photos.

Have Fun!

Pat in NH

crycocyon

I have one too and it works great on the D7000. Mine's very quiet, too. Very nice general purpose telephoto. I think it is a great value lens.

Roy1961

Contributor
this is/was my everyday lense, never had any problems with it, just replacing it with the 55-300, need the longer reach.

Mike FM

Congrats. I use to have that lens, but didn't really have much use for it. It's good compliment to the 18-55mm kit lens and an excellent value. Only thing I didn't like was the manual focus ring. I also wished the aperture was a bit faster. f/4-5.6 is little limiting shooting indoors without a flash or boosting the ISO.

ebi381

Thanks guys. I dont think it would replace the 18-55 as a daily but it I could carry it around no problem. Also mines is a little noisey but I thought that was normal. I would ideally like a 55-300 but this will be good practice

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2