Firmware bug in movie mode - no auto exposure, can't lock shutter in any mode but M.

romandesign

I've just got my D7100 few days ago. This looks like a firmware bug. This is how my D7100 works in Movie Live View mode:

In S mode, the camera arbitrarily selects a shutter speed, usually 30, but sometimes 60 or 125 or other. This happens no matter what shutter speed I selected prior to entering live-view mode. And once in live-view mode, I cannot change shutter speed at all. ISO is selected automatically whether I have auto-ISO on or off.

In M mode, I can manually change shutter speed and ISO. However, auto-ISO does not work. I have to change ISO manually. (In photo live view auto-ISO is working, but not in video live view!)

This is not described in a manual, and D5200 and D7000 users describe that it's not how their cameras work. They seem to honor the S mode shutter setting until exposure gets to the limits set in Auto-ISO, but not D7100. This is a bug and needs to be fixed in the next firmware! Can somebody verify and confirm this? Nikon support just gave me a silly reply about zoom, and then sent me to service. However another D7100 user sees the same thing, so it doesn't look like a defective unit, and D7000 works more logically.

What happens is this bug prevents any auto mode for video, because in video you're supposed to keep shutter locked at 1/60 for 30p and no mode can do it. Only fully Manual mode is working OK, but with no live metering it's difficult to use and it's not a replacement for auto mode.

Has anyone found a workaround maybe? Or is it just my camera?