Cheap D7100 LCD loupe for video?

romandesign

I can't find any cheap D7100 LCD loupe for video use. I'm talking about ebay, around $12-$14 available for most DSLRs. Anybody seen one for D7100? Or maybe one from another DSLR would fit? I think most won't, because the LCS is 3.2" instead of 3.0" on D7000, and I'm not sure about its location. Does the one from D7000 has extra space around the edges so it would fit?

There seem to be several versions of the most popular one, that say on the body: "LCD-V1", "LCD-V2" etc. up to "V5". Can't find manufacturer, but they are everywhere: Amazon, Ebay etc. Most don't list internal size. A couple do, and one of them is hist 0.5mm smaller than V7100 screen. Still, considering it needs taping a metal frame to viewfinder, I don't want to obstruct any part of the screen. Maybe somebody tried it and one of them fits?

Also, looks like no third party grips yet...

Last edited:

bigal1000

Life is short get a decent one from Hoodman that will fit it like it should,and you won't need to talke out a loan either.Good Luck

romandesign

Well, $100 for a plastic box with a single plastic lens is unreasonable. For mostly family videos with very rare web-related paid job (I'm a web designer) those ebay ones would do. I actually decided not to wait, because they will most likely release one with glue-on magnetic frame, which I don't like, so I bought LCD-V3 and will modify it for D7100. It should cover the whole screen horizontally, and I will lose about 3mm vertically, which are not used for video anyway. The magnetic frame is a screw-on to tripod mount, I will modify it to use with grip on or off (will do an extra bracket) and no glue. At $13 if it works - it's a much better price/quality ratio, isn't it? I'd rather spend my money elsewhere.