Hello hello!

dandias

Hello all!
How are you? All great in cowtown! Especially the weather! FINALLY!

My hubby and I are heading on a trip Mid-May, and my last camera finally died on me, so I was recently forced to start researching cameras, starter DSLRs to be more specific, as I would like to get into photography, need to ease into it and while exploring, came across this site.

Yikes, so much info, dont even know where to start. I will also continue my search and research for the perfect camera, but thought i would poll the devout and experienced Nikonites for their advice for a newbie. Specifically, I am thinking a camera in the range of (upperlimit) $600-650, user friendly, ease of use (think, i am finally graduating, albeit before i was ready, from a simple point and shoot, Canon Elph), and i only have two weeks to buy it AND get used to it before the trip!).

I would like something which is all inclusive, in terms of has a starter lens (it appears its normal for these cameras to come with at least one starter lens??!) but which can also take panoramic shots (i think im reading some cameras still do not have that functionality, which i thought was norm now?). what else should i be looking for???

A friend just recently got D3000, and i think she likes it but that doesnt have the movie capability.

Anyhow, you understand my dilemma? -ish?! haha, im confused and will tread through all the overly-readily-available info (LOL!), but nothing wrong with checking in with all! Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying great day and weather in their respective ends of the world! (can you tell im soooooooooooo happy to finally have highs of 20's that i wish nothing but that for everyone?!?!?!?!)

Cheers!!!

sam49

Hi can I wish you a warm welcome to this forum

As you can see I have the D5100 and I love it great camera in my opinion.

Last edited:

fotojack

Hi Dandias. By Cowtown, I assume you mean Calgary? :) Yeah, finally, warm weather! Warmer still this coming weekend, too! YAY! :)
As for a starter camera, may I suggest you look on Kijiji. Great deals to be had there for your budget range. Cameras like the D3100, D5100, D90 come to mind. I've even seen D40's going for around $200. Great camera to start with.

If you're in Calgary, you could give me a call. PM me if you're interested. :)

And Welcome to Nikonites. :)

Check this out: http://calgary.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-...-Bundle-and-sling-knapsack-W0QQAdIdZ480655471

Last edited: