It's a Winner

Joseph Bautsch

I entered the attached photo in the Cobb County Photo Club and it won first place in the open class. It won over thirty five other entries in the class. It was printed on my Epson R1900, in 8"x12" format and framed in a 2 1/2" white border mat. :)

Attachments

• _DSC4458.jpg
    _DSC4458.jpg
    409.5 KB · Views: 179

ohkphoto

Snow White
I love this shot, Joseph! Sunflowers are absolutely my most favorite. Congratualations on your win and thanks for sharing.
(Nice of that little bee to hang around!)

Best Regards

Joseph Bautsch

The EXIF data for the shot: D90, 18-105mm VR Nikor lens, shot at 105mm, f/5.6, shutter 1/320, ISO 200, CPL Polarizer Filter. The shot was taken at the sun flower festival here in Georgia. The field where I was shooting had 15 acres of sun flowers. It was about 10:30 am with full bright sun light. I wanted the background in bokeh hence the f/5.6 to give me a total depth of field of 1.72 feet, with .72 feet in front and 1 foot in back of the focus point. The CPL filter was used to intensify the colors of the flower and sky. The field was just swarming with bees of all types. The bumble bee was the most common. While everyone else was trying to avoid the bees I was actively pursuing them for my shots.

Joseph Bautsch

Thanks Yibel, the comment is appreciated. The only drawback I see to the 18-105mm is the lens mount is plastic. It will wear out faster and is not as strong. Otherwise I agree with you, the lens is a good one and does not deserve the reputation as a "kit lens".

Ruidoso Bill

I've often felt the same about my 18-200 vr, gotta be the most versatile lens in my bag. I will admit it is not as sharp as yours when maxed out, so I just don't max it out, 185-190 is just fine.