Faymus Media Photo Challenge #5 "Happiness"

Corey @ Faymus Media

Thanks to everybody who participated in photo challenge #4 "Animals & Wildlife"

For this competition the photo challenge theme is "Happiness". Photos can be taken at anytime day or night of anything that symbolizes happiness!

Lets see your creativity!

Submissions begin now on April 29th. The submissions are due by May 12th @ 9pm and the critique will be on spreecast LIVE on May 13th @ 9pm.

Here is the spreecast channel:

www.spreecast.com/users/faymus-media

The prize for this competition with be a choice of "Giottos Rocket Air Blower!

This takes alot of time to setup, and run these competitions so please support me by reading the information below. Happy Shooting!

If you would like to rent or purchase photography equipment please use these links:

www.borrowlenses.com/?blpid=511ce08ba1194

www.adorama.com?kbid=68173

Here is our website:

www.faymusmedia.com

Here is our youtube channel with all kinds of reviews and tips on photography. Please support the channel and "subscribe":

www.youtube.com/faymusmedia

Please "Like" us on Facebook:

www.facebook.com/faymusmedia

A
lso here is a bonus video! Just finished this review on the Lowepro Pro Runner 450 AW. Enjoy!

RockyNH_RIP

Ok Folks! Lets see some Happiness Shots!! This is not gonna be easy but it should be fun! A little more abstract then the first 4.. Good luck all!

Pat in NH

Corey @ Faymus Media

I'm going to have to do a D7100 review soon!

After shooting an engagement proposal, and a family session I realize how amazing this camera is. 80% of the photos I took today were on the 7100.

I was using the 70-200 mm lens, and on the D800E in order get to get 300 mm I would be at 16 megapixels crop mode however I got 24 megapixels with the D7100.

Plus now after shooting with the D7100 all day I realize that the shutter on the D800E vibrates. The mirror is also loud.

I love my D800E. However a crop sensor camera has never impressed me like this freak of nature D7100 has!

RockyNH_RIP

I'm going to have to do a D7100 review soon!

After shooting an engagement proposal, and a family session I realize how amazing this camera is. 80% of the photos I took today were on the 7100.

I was using the 70-200 mm lens, and on the D800E in order get to get 300 mm I would be at 16 megapixels crop mode however I got 24 megapixels with the D7100.

Plus now after shooting with the D7100 all day I realize that the shutter on the D800E vibrates. The mirror is also loud.

I love my D800E. However a crop sensor camera has never impressed me like this freak of nature D7100 has!

Sounds good... look forward to the review!!! Did you trade or sell the 7000 or did you keep it?

Pat in NH

Corey @ Faymus Media

Sounds good... look forward to the review!!! Did you trade or sell the 7000 or did you keep it?

Pat in NH

Sold it. It was a little less lag than the D7100, and it did 7 fps where as the D7100 is 6. You can get 7 in 1.3x crop mode which is essentially 2.0 crop. So my 70-20mm essentially a 140-400mm.

So it's still 16mp at 1.3 mode. I say this is the best crop sensor camera ever made. Period.

I did a review video today using the D7100 for a Tiffen filter.

RockyNH_RIP

Just a reminder...

The Challenge closes on May 12th at 9:00pm EDT.

All photos MUST BE TAKEN DURING THE CHALLENGE!
April 29th THROUGH May 12th

If taken prior to this "window", the photo will not be eligible.

Pat in NH

Alan

Alright this one was a brain drain but I finally uploaded my entry. Best of luck to everyone who enters and don't forget you only have until the 12th to get your photo uploaded.

RockyNH_RIP

Still have a couple more days to get your Challenge photo's in!! There are some good ones up their!! I had a good thought but was unable to get it scheduled in... my 2nd idea was not a good photo (blur from movement) but I can try a similar one Saturday... Hoping to get a decent one ...

Get Happy and then submit it!! :)

Pat in NH

Corey @ Faymus Media

Cant wait to see all the entries this time around! On a side note. My D7100 is ready to go for tomorrow! Rick will love this photo. Gotta get this best rick. Its a great compliment to the D7100!

image.jpg

RockyNH_RIP

One more day left in Challenge 5, Happiness! Not very many entries yet but we still have another 25 hours!! (Photos due by 9pm EDT!)

Rained all day and killed my chance for a shot... I will have a photo entered, just likely gonna have to go to my backup plan... not sure I will have time for the main plan even if the weather clears.. There are several very good ones in the entries now!! Be a tough challenge, but dont let that stop you from throwing your hat (and a photo!) into the ring! :)

Pat in NH

RockyNH_RIP

Just under 4 hours left... I have mine whittled down to 2... final process. pick and upload after dinner..

Anyone else?? Still time to get your Happiness in !!! :)

Pat in NH

RockyNH_RIP

Ok, my entry is now posted up... a little under 2 hours to go!! Best of luck to all the contestants!! It will be a tough one, there are some great shots... :)

"Happiness" - A day at the Carnival!

DSC_6933.jpg

Pat in NH

RockyNH_RIP

Reminder - Tonight is the Critique of the entries and also the Judging of the winner...

Join Corey on Spreecast at 9:00pm EDT ... even if you did not submit an entry, you can still join us for the Critique.. you may want to enter a future challenge... :)

Pat in NH