My new lens is on its way! YAY!

RockyNH_RIP

Great :) Any specific you got your eye on yet?

Nothing definative yet... Looking at all 3 primary 3rd party (Tamron, Tokina & Sigma)
Looking in the 10-12mm to 16-20mm range.

Have not done near the homework yet.... but
Sigma 10-20mm F3.5 EX DC HSM
Tokina AT-X 11-16 PRO DX (NO AF Motor and I have a 5100)
Tamron SP 10-24MM F/3.5-4.5 Di II LD Aspherical IF
Sigma 8-16mm F4.5-5.6 DC HSM

Just some that I have looked at... need to read some real reviews comparisons etc and then see what the folks here use for DX.

Pat in NH

wud

Nothing definative yet... Looking at all 3 primary 3rd party (Tamron, Tokina & Sigma)
Looking in the 10-12mm to 16-20mm range.

Have not done near the homework yet.... but
Sigma 10-20mm F3.5 EX DC HSM
Tokina AT-X 11-16 PRO DX (NO AF Motor and I have a 5100)
Tamron SP 10-24MM F/3.5-4.5 Di II LD Aspherical IF
Sigma 8-16mm F4.5-5.6 DC HSM

Just some that I have looked at... need to read some real reviews comparisons etc and then see what the folks here use for DX.

Pat in NH

Do you use Over a million full-size sample photos from SLR and mirrorless cameras combined with different lenses I think its helpfull to see how the pictures look with the different lenses. And also this site: Canon EF 70-200mm f/4 L IS USM Lens Image Quality where you get an idea about the sharpness.

Let us know when you decide :)

nikonpup

pat, take a look at a sigma 10-20mm 4-5.6 dc hsm. Sits on one of my 5100's, took me awhile to get comfortable with the wide angle. $479 @ b & h. Thom hogan has a review.

RockyNH_RIP

Do you use Over a million full-size sample photos from SLR and mirrorless cameras combined with different lenses I think its helpfull to see how the pictures look with the different lenses. And also this site: Canon EF 70-200mm f/4 L IS USM Lens Image Quality where you get an idea about the sharpness.

Let us know when you decide :)

Thank you for the reference sites!! Have not used either... I will check them out.. sorry for getting your thread hijacked! :(

Pat in NH

RockyNH_RIP

pat, take a look at a sigma 10-20mm 4-5.6 dc hsm. Sits on one of my 5100's, took me awhile to get comfortable with the wide angle. $479 @ b & h. Thom hogan has a review.

Thanks Ron.. I will look at that too.. I did not see it at DXO.. Nice to know it works for you and on a 5100!
I will check out the review later.

Pat in NH

wud

Not here yet, having a hard time waiting :) By force, I got my husband to call them, lol. Maybe tomorrow, fingers crossed.

Ima Hack

Enjoy!! Looking forward to seeing the pictures! An ultra wide zoom is likely my next purchase for my DX..

Pat in NH

wud, congrats on the new Sigma, I'm sure you'll love it!

Sorry to the OP for the continued hijack....... Pat you might also consider the Tokina 12-24 AT-X Pro f4, good deals on B&H for that lens as well. Just got mine yesterday...... it's a whole new world at 12mm :D This thing is tack sharp.

wud

Really, highjack away. I like to read about the lenses too, even though I'm not getting them.... maybe ;)

Eduard

Super Mod
Staff member
Super Mod
Well as long as hijacking is allowed. . . LOL. . . I love my Sigma 10-20mm. I've had it for almost 6 years (through a D70s and a D300) and it has been rock solid. I created this pano last night of 5 images I captured a couple weeks ago in Lisbon.

Last edited: