Continuous Focusing

ZakSaenzPhotography

Alright here is probably the biggest reason to get this camera, "Continuous Focusing" for video mode. Nikon is the first to do it. I have a D300s and have yet to use my video mode but for those who use it this would be a reason to get one. Still not comparable to the D300s for professional use in my opinion but for video get it.

Zak

imnunky

Alright here is probably the biggest reason to get this camera, "Continuous Focusing" for video mode. Nikon is the first to do it. I have a D300s and have yet to use my video mode but for those who use it this would be a reason to get one. Still not comparable to the D300s for professional use in my opinion but for video get it.

Zak

Is there any way you can expand opon your comment :- Still not comparable to the D300s for professional use in my opinion but for video get it.
As I am in the process of deliberating the purchase of one of these and still trying to chose, so any and all info I can get from togs that have personal experience, is an asset, thank you

ZakSaenzPhotography

Yes, I think Nikon understood not to challenge the D300s directly being the D7000 is a replacement for the D90 but they have come very close. As far as photography which as a photographer is my primary concern I think the D7000 will do well. As far as build quality adding the magnesium body was a smart choice being that they D90 which it is replacing had issues with moisture entering it. But as you look at all of the Nikon professional cameras you will notice that function/mode layout is also a primary concern knowing that pros have to make changes very quickly at times and cant be fumbling through menus to make changes. It appears that they left this item in the same category as the D90 which is at the top of the "amateur" class. Don't get me wrong I think it will be a great camera and look forward to seeing one up close. Last Nikon has till now stayed out of the pixel war with canon knowing that more pixels doesn't mean better picture. In my opinion on a DX sensor the 12mp is the most I want to see in my cameras so that I can maintain a larger pixel size for better low light situations.

Zak

imnunky

Zak; thank you for your expansion, See I just knew I would learn some thing new just by asking, one aspect alone I did not consider switches/buttons vs menu, I do like what both have to offer (not including video I have my own Panasonic) and that's the annoying thing, roll it in all into one and the choice is easy, this way it is very hard for some one at the bottom of the "amateur" category to make a logical decision,