D7100 Unboxing & Thoughts, Comparison To The D7000 & MB D15 Unboxing & Thoughts.

Corey @ Faymus Media

D7100 Unboxing & Thoughts, Comparison To The D7000 & MB D15 Unboxing & Thoughts.

So I grabbed a D7100 and MB-D15 this weekend. Fantastic camera. Doing a review on it in the coming weeks. For now here are some thoughts and unboxing. Enjoy!

Corey @ Faymus Media

Re: D7100 Unboxing & Thoughts, Comparison To The D7000 & MB D15 Unboxing & Thoughts.

Thanks guys! I hope to do a review soon and hopefully this helps others to decide on what camera to grab.

Ironwood

Re: D7100 Unboxing & Thoughts, Comparison To The D7000 & MB D15 Unboxing & Thoughts.

Nice work. Looking forward to seeing your review.

I also have the D7100, so far I like it very much.

John P

I am as frustrated as you about the lcd protector.

Corey @ Faymus Media

I am as frustrated as you about the lcd protector.

Just found out its a stronger glass that is shatter and crack resistant. Claims that a cover is no longer needed.

I do concur the screen resolution and anti glare is better than my D800E.

John P

Just found out its a stronger glass that is shatter and crack resistant. Claims that a cover is no longer needed.

I do concur the screen resolution and anti glare is better than my D800E.

What about scratching?

Cowleystjames

It's gorilla glass 2, same as the majority of top flight phones.
It just doesn't scratch, except sand will do it, ask me how I know!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

daredevil123

A GGS protector will solve that. I think Nikon is starting to realize that most photographers remove that plastic cover. It is not meant to be used when the camera is in use anyway.

Cowleystjames

A GGS protector will solve that. I think Nikon is starting to realize that most photographers remove that plastic cover. It is not meant to be used when the camera is in use anyway.

The D7100 doesn't come with a plastic protector as in D90, D800, etc.
It has a removable piece of cling film instead just to protect it whilst in packaging i guess.
I ended up sticking a protector from GGS for the D800 on mine, then quickly removed it when I saw it obscures the bottom of the screen.

daredevil123

The D7100 doesn't come with a plastic protector as in D90, D800, etc.
It has a removable piece of cling film instead just to protect it whilst in packaging i guess.
I ended up sticking a protector from GGS for the D800 on mine, then quickly removed it when I saw it obscures the bottom of the screen.

Actually if most people actually read their manual, that plastic cover is meant to be used only when in storage. The plastic cover is not exceptionally clear, and if sand gets in between the cover the LCD, and some force applied, it is easy to scratch the LCD screen too.

I have gone through 5 camera bodies with that plastic cover and have always taken it off and leaving it in the box from the very first day. And for the recent D4, it did not come with a platsic cover as well, not even a cling film for packaging.

I put my faith in GGS, because sometimes I shoot in very fast paced environments, and sometimes in rough ones... This has happened to me more than once and each time the GGS took one for the team.

8698841068_f795413401_c.jpg

Last edited:

West

I think the only use for it is when you have the cam hanging off your neck walking, while wearing a jacket with a sharp zipper. Speaking from personal experience that scratched my screen.

daredevil123

I think the only use for it is when you have the cam hanging off your neck walking, while wearing a jacket with a sharp zipper. Speaking from personal experience that scratched my screen.

I don't think everyone uses the neck straps, nor do they use their cameras the same way.

Corey @ Faymus Media

One thing overlooked is the oil from your skin. When you put your face up to the camera the oils in your face can damage just about anything. What do you think causes the wear on keyboards and things we touch?

Also, I use black rapid straps, most pros do, so the screen doesnt face anything. however I still want my screen protected so I use vello.

Corey @ Faymus Media

D7100 is a real treat to use! I love this camera and it's working out great I'm actually at a wedding reception right now. been using it all day with the 70-200

Love it!

AxeMan - Rick S.

I thought for sure you be using your FX over the 7100 for a wedding. WOW so this mean your going back to DX LOL:p