View NX2, upgrading to D7100 from D7000

joe22

Hi all,

I have just traded my D7000 for a D7100. Good move I think, the 7100 is fantastic.
Does anyone know if there are any updates available or required for NX2? I have not installed the disc that came with the 7100, as I already had it installed for the 7000.
Any opinions welcome!

Joe

Michael J.

Nikon released ViewNX 2.7.4 (US download link) with the following modifications:

• Support for the D7100 has been added.
  • The correct lens name is now be displayed for still images captured with a digital-SLR camera and the AF-S NIKKOR 800mm f/5.6E FL ED VR. However, in the following cases, the lens name displayed will indicate that it is a G-type lens in Metadata on the Edit palette.
    • - Images captured with a Nikon 1-series camera and the FT-1 mount adapter
    • - Movies recorded using a digital-SLR camera
  • Additional modifications to the Macintosh version: An issue that prevented images saved in JPEG format with Capture NX 2 Ver. 2.3.0 or 2.3.1 from opening in ViewNX 2 has been resolved.
Nikon NEF RAW Codec 1.18.0 can be downloaded here. The new version has added support for Nikon D7100 and Coolpix A cameras.

Nikon ViewNX 2.7.4, NEF RAW Codec 1.18.0 released | Nikon Rumors

Read more on NikonRumors.com: Nikon ViewNX 2.7.4, NEF RAW Codec 1.18.0 released | Nikon Rumors

§am

Just checked the in app update function, and lo & behold, apparently there's no updates available :(
(And yes... I don't have the latest version installed) :p