Rechargeable batteries?

carguy

What rechargeable AA batteries are you using for your flashes? I see Eneloop mentioned a lot?

I have a SB-700 & Neewer TT560s.

Thanks.

Tap'n on the Galaxy S3

Horoscope Fish

Re: Recharagble batteries?

What rechargeable AA batteries are you using for your flashes? I see Eneloop mentioned a lot.
Look no further. Suck it up and pay the extra couple bucks or so and get the Sony's. Having tried cheaper brands, I now use Eneloop AA's and AAA's in just about everything: strobes, my hand-held GPS unit, flashlights, remote controls around the house, pretty much everything. Eneloops rock.

RockyNH_RIP

What rechargeable AA batteries are you using for your flashes? I see Eneloop mentioned a lot?

I have a SB-700 & Neewer TT560s.

Thanks.

Tap'n on the Galaxy S3

Joe, Eneloops by Sony All The Way! I have tried others, none gave me these results... I am pleased so far.

Pat in NH

carguy

Sounds good. Now, where is the best deal?

...anywhere but Walmart :cool:

Pat - Looks like Eneloop is by Sanyo/Panasonic

Tap'n on the Galaxy S3

Last edited:

carguy

So looks like they have AA and AAA batteries. Is the only charger the 4 pack charger that holds both?

RockyNH_RIP

Tap'n on the Galaxy S3

Joe, I ordered mine from Amazon...... If you can afford it... skip there charger!
Holds 4, must be in pairs.. worked fine for AAA but I had issues with AAA staying in the charger (used tape)

I recently bought a Pearstone 4 hour charger... 8 slots, charge 1, 3, 5, any amount and any combo of AA and AAA at the same time.
The eneloop charger is a 7 hour charger...

Amazon Link (they are out but I bought it here for $41)
Amazon.com: Pearstone 4 Hour Battery Charger with LCD Display for 8 AA or AAA Batteries: Electronics

seems like it may be out od stock/discontinued... you can still get it here..
Rakuten.com - Pearstone 4 Hour Battery Charger with LCD Display for (8) AA or AAA Batteries

Obviously there are other choices too... :)

Pat in NH

nickt

Yep, eneloops. If you disregard that advice at least DO NOT get Energizers, like the ones sold at Sam's and Walmart and everywhere else. They just don't last. Get a good charger. I never saw that one Pat recommended, but it looks good. The cheaper chargers at best just use a timer, at worst they just charge forever. I have the PowerEx MH-C9000. Pricey, but I liked the larger display, I can see it without reading glasses, lol. Also it is very roomy and easy to get batteries in and out from any position.

gqtuazon

Gear Head

Eneloop are made by Sanyo. Panasonic has a different brand but are also very competitive with their products here in Japan.

In the US and Europe, you can get the XX Eneloop high capacity batteries. In Japan, they are the Eneloop Pro. Less frequent in changing betteries which is why I like them.

Amazon.com: Eneloop XX AA batteries 2500 mAh NiMH x4: Electronics

Limited edition Disney theme Eneloop batteries by gqtuazon, on Flickr

nickt

I've been wanting to try the higher capacity eneloop xx's, but in 2008-2009 I bought I bought 20 standard AA eneloops and they just refuse to go bad.

WayneF

Eneloops are the best rechargables for a flash unit The only one reasonable exception if if you might want larger 2900mah cells for a large one day shoot. But if you want them to last a month, or even one week, you definitely want Eneloop.

There are other brands of low discharge NiMH now (licensed from Sanyo), good, but why bother with anything but the real source?

Eneloop is NOT from Sony. Eneloop is from Sanyo, they are the Sanyo Eneloop label.

However, the controlling share of Sanyo has recently been acquired by Panasonic, and Panasonic is rebranding most Sanyo items and labels to say Panasonic instead. The name Eneloop is too valuable to be changed however, but now Panasonic is talking about Eneloop. The Sanyo name is disappearing.

Samsonite

Out of curiosity, does anyone know roughly how many flashes they get with a full charged set of batteries? Reason I'm asking is because I've just bought a yongnuo 468II Flash and don't know wether I should order 1 or 2 sets of batteries for it... Since I'm just experimenting with flash I don't think I will be using it constantly, but just wondering if you guys bought 2 sets straight away or managed with just. 1 set...?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk!

nickt

I think the number of flashes would vary greatly depending how much power was needed per flash. I don't know that flash, but I took about 200 pictures with my sb-700 for fill flash the other day without a problem. The batteries were not even half discharged. (my charger tells me how much charge went in)
In general, I feel naked if I don't have extra batteries so it would not even be a question for me, but I have tons of AA & AAA gadgets though so my batteries all get good use.

MrF

I just went ahead and bought an 8 pack of Eneloop AAs with my flash. That way there's always a charged set vice waiting for the set I just took out to charge.